Monday, July 18, 2011

Apple-Smoked Bacon Cheddar Scones [Menu]



Apple-Smoked Bacon and Cheddar Scones



It’s Wildcard Weekend for Project Pastry Queen! That means we're tasked to go back through the PPQ archives and chose a recipe we missed along the way. I chose to post about the Apple-Smoked Cheddar Scones that were assigned way back in February and hosted by Marianna over at Food Junky (where you can find the recipe).




Apple-Smoked Bacon and Cheddar Scones



Truth be told, I've had this post on tap since late February, but I was just a little too late to post it along with the group. I can say confidently, though, that these scones are in my top three favorite Pastry Queen recipes (and probably my husband's #1 on his personal list). They're moist, flavorful, and an incredibly easy thing to grab quickly from the kitchen on your way out to work. I went with the black pepper variation suggested at the end of the recipe, and I was very thankful to have done so.




Apple-Smoked Bacon and Cheddar Scones



If you'd like to make your own version of these scones, pop on over to Marianna's post, and please free to check out what the other member's of Project Pastry Queen made of this recipe and their wild card week at PPQ headquarters!






Apple-Smoked Bacon and Cheddar Scones

1 comment :

Heather said...

As a lover of cheese & the partner of a bacon lover..this sounds like a divine handful of breakfast deliciousness. Thank you for sharing!

Cheers,
Heather @ Find That Warm Fuzzy Feeling