Monday, January 3, 2011

Sugar Saucers [Menu]

Hello, Friends! I apologize for my long absence. I have no other excuse than that life became incredibly busy towards the end of the semester and around the holidays. And, on the side of vanity, I'm unable to find the battery charger for my DSLR. What a silly reason to avoid posting! So, I've gotten over that, switched to my old camera in the meantime, and I am back and looking forward to new projects and challenges for this next year!

PPQ: Sugar Saucers

This particular post is an introduction to my involvement in Project Pastry Queen! As life permits, there should be a new post every Sunday involving one of the fantastic recipes from The Pastry Queen by Rebecca Rather. This week's recipe is hosted by Katy, and, for her selection, she chose the, aptly named, Sugar Saucers.

My sweet husband's hands

Now, I can't take credit for the baking of these sugary disks, sadly. My husband did all the manual labor in order to treat me at the end of a long, draining day. But they are fantastic and deliciously simple to make (the least complicated sugar cookie recipe I've ever seen). Admittedly, I can never wait until they're properly cooled. But they're fantastic 20-seconds out of the oven! And I'm sure they'll be great tomorrow, too (assuming they last).
I recommend making these on the thicker side since large, thin sugar cookies tend to be a wee too crunchy (in my personal opinion). But then again, if you like that sort of thing: these will be perfect.

PPQ: Sugar Saucers

Grab a glass of milk and enjoy! And, if you're curious for the recipe, please visit Katy's blog!

All the best and happiest of New Years!
xoxo
B

2 comments :

Shawnda said...

Bonus points to your husband for making cookies :) Welcome to the group!

Beth said...

Thanks, Shawnda! I'm so excited to be a part of PPQ!