Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Texan's BBQ Pitt [Local Dish]



Texan's BBQ Pitt - Pulled Pork Platter


Photobucket


My father's love of barbecue has become a bit of a running joke in my family. Back when they still lived in the state, we ate something smoked, pulled, basted, etc. at least a few times a week, (or at least that's what it felt like at the time), and the idea of the next possible barbecue journey was never too far from thought. While, at the time, I didn't fully appreciate my father's [manly] appetite for charred flesh, it's a taste I've completely developed for myself over time. We all become our parents eventually, I suppose. I'm just lucky that mine are of such an excellent stock.


Texan's BBQ Pitt - Carol the Lovely


Carol, my most beloved, and I typically go on Groupon dates. When the husband is off playing in Magic tournaments and her boyfriend is sipping a fine ale with friends, we take a restaurant deal from Groupon, Living Social, Amazon Deals, or the like and try out new places. Most recently, we went to Texan's BBQ Pitt out in Crestwood, Kentucky - near her old stomping grounds. We didn't really know what to expect outside of the usual fare, and the usual fare is pretty much what we got. But it was really good. I hate to be so inarticulate, but that's about all there is to it.


Texan's BBQ Pitt - Similar Taste in Men


The pulled pork was tender and moist. The sides (we got macaroni and cheese, baked apples, and green beans, respectably) had the right liquid to substance ratio. And they give you an absolutely huge portion of food - well enough to cover the cost (averaging around $10 a dinner plate). Most importantly, their house barbecue sauce was at a good place between sweet and tangy. Carol and I have similar tastes, overall, but our attitudes towards sweet, salty, and sour differ drastically. We were both very happy with our experience there. I would recommend it, and I would go again! I might even take my father, although we're all a little spoiled by his Big Green Egg.

If you want some good Kentucky barbecue and you're in the area, you should definitely check them out!

Also, I'm just going to put this here....

No comments :